About the ESC Training and Learning Development Project
The Electricity Sector Council (ESC) is the hub for research into human resources trends and sector-specific solutions to Canada's skilled-labour shortage. ESC is a not-for-profit partnership among business, labour, education and government. Its mandate is to address the need for sector-wide recruitment and retention strategies for the current and future workforce.
The ESC's Training and Learning Development Project involves diagnosing the capacity and capability of the electricity and renewable energy industry's internal training function. Such a diagnostic will ensure that the industry is prepared to meet workforce training and development needs created by impending retirements. The main outcome of this project will be a training capacity strategic framework for industry action that will:
- recommend next steps for addressing training capacity needs,
- identify tools required to address training capacity needs,
- identify barriers to enhancing training capacity, and
- provide practical and tactical strategies and initiatives that can be used by organizations and the sector as a whole to develop and manage training capacity in the midst of impending industry retirements.
- Project Activities
- Training Survey
- Training Profiles
- Increasing Training Capacity
- Final Report