Strategies for Enhancing Internal Training Capacity
With the knowledge that the electricity sector will be confronted with impending retirements within the next five years (2011–2016), the proactive move is to embark on identifying practical and tactical strategies, initiatives, processes and methodologies that can be developed and implemented at an organizational level to manage, maintain and, as required, enhance training capacity in the midst of these workforce changes.
Based on the primary and secondary research conducted for the ESC Training and Learning Development Project, the following strategies are proposed to assist in enhancing internal training capacity within electricity sector organizations.
- Strategies for Enhancing Internal Training Capacity
- Developing Partnerships
- Utilizing Competency-Based Training and Assessment Approaches
- Facilitating Knowledge Management and Transfer
- Developing Systems to Manage the Training Function
- Utilizing Various Training Methodologies
- Evaluating the Effectiveness and Impact of Training